Re: [ARSCLIST] National Recording Preservation Board (NRPB) Study

Not to beat Karl and David to the punch, but I've just put that on a Naxos AudioBooks 2-CD set called "Children's Favourites Volume 2" which will be out shortly. Not in the US however (thanks, Capitol and the New York courts) but you should be able to find it through shady dealers outside the States. Or you can wait for the "authentic" reissue, which is in the planning stages.

As for the dissonances, 50% of those are the result of poor pressing..YPR records were notorious for not being exactly "round" and they're impossible to center. The early 50s reissues were better pressed but are usually dubbed from original pressings, not master sources.

dl

Robert Hodge wrote:

 You're not going to " fix" the dissonances are you ?
  My take on it was that if Groucho wanted to sing the song diferently,
 he'd have done so.

 I gave Groucho credit many years ago for performing  the song that
 way.

 You Bet Your Life ! The folks at YPR were way ahead of their time in
 many ways.

 And I will heartily concur with your opinion about marketing versus
 education in todays sales schemes  !!

Good luck in your reissue- I'll be looking for it.

Bob