Re: [ARSCLIST] Checksums

David Seubert wrote:
<snip>
Can anybody point me to (or know of) a UNIX shell script that can be run to create and validate MD5 checksums or a library of UNIX shell scripts where I could look for such a thing?

Linux has md5sum, from Free Software Foundation, Inc. It creates/validates MD5 checksums, and can check MD5 sums against a list. It should already be installed on your UNIX system. If "man md5sum" isn't fruitful, Google will get you a bushel of choices ;-).

Gary Sprung
Carmel, CA