Re: [ARSCLIST] Checksums

David:

Many BSD-based Unixlike distributions have a program called md5
installed already; for others, either sum or md5sum should do a
comparable job (refer to the fine manpages in each case). There's alsoa
utility I've used called md5deep (that I like slightly better- it's
open-source and has the ability to go through directories recursively.
Either way, they should be pretty trivial to call from a script. If
you're looking for a Perl module, there's Digest::MD5, too.

Mark A. Matienzo | mmatienz@xxxxxxx | 301.209-3180 | fax 301.209-0882
Assistant Archivist, Niels Bohr Library/Center for History of Physics
American Institute of Physics, 1 Physics Ellipse, College Park MD
20740

Disclaimer: Opinions in this message are mine alone and do not
represent those of the American Institute of Physics or any of its
member societies.