Re: [ARSCLIST] Checksums

Ganesh,

For all of the institutional projects we handle, we always generate a MD5 hash from the original drive file, after all audio metadata has been input. Many of our clients now require it as part of their job specifications, but we supply it to them irregardless. We usually include it in a separate folder included in the batch file for the audio data, as well as on a separate metadata file when requested.

There are a few different checksum programs available. One that I like is Advanced CheckSum Verifier by Irnis Haliullin. There are also versions that will run on Mac and Unix platforms.

Scottt D. Smith

Chicago Audio Works, Inc.
Chicago, IL

Ganesh.Irelan@xxxxxxxx wrote:

How many of you employ checksum files to verify digital copies over time? What checksum level do you use and, what do you do with the checksum files, do you keep them with the digital copies, elsewhere, etc?

Thank you.