From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kurt Nauck
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 12:57 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Audio equipment cable shielding

We are doing some re-arranging of our studio here at the shop.  We're
encountering hum from the audio cables being in proximity of power cables
and possibly from florescent lighting (!)   Is there some way to shield
audio cables from the influence of power sources?  I've read that one
should always cross audio and power cables rather than having them run in
parallel.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Kurt & Diane Nauck

c/o Nauck's Vintage Records
22004 Sherrod Ln.
Spring, TX  77389