Re: [ARSCLIST] Audio equipment cable shielding

In my experience, this is not a problem if the studio is wired up by someone proficient in grounding. Check with your local commerical audio/instrument store that does high-end installations, not your hi-fi shop. The former will have guys on call who are experts at that.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kurt Nauck" <nauck@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, April 18, 2006 1:56 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Audio equipment cable shielding

We are doing some re-arranging of our studio here at the shop. We're encountering hum from the audio cables being in proximity of power cables and possibly from florescent lighting (!) Is there some way to shield audio cables from the influence of power sources? I've read that one should always cross audio and power cables rather than having them run in parallel. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Kurt & Diane Nauck

c/o Nauck's Vintage Records
22004 Sherrod Ln.
Spring, TX  77389

Website: www.78rpm.com
E-Mail: nauck@xxxxxxxxx

Phone: (281) 288-7826
Fax: (425) 930-6862

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.385 / Virus Database: 268.4.3/317 - Release Date: 4/18/2006