Re: [ARSCLIST] Zits cartoon strip (trying to get back to matters archival)

One of the things I teach everyone - students, professors, researchers, etc,
who are conducting oral histories, is to firstly identify the equipment they
are using.  This includes recorder, microphone, tape or CF or mini disc
used, the date, where the recording is being conducted and who is being
interviewed.  This then leaves a permanent trail, in the spoken word, on the
recording itself.

I have encountered thousands of recordings which never give any information
like that, and ofcourse, never trust those boxes they are in, or the reels
they are on, or even the cassette casing (having replaced many in my life!)

Just leave that "fingerprint" and a trail, which anyone can follow, down
that Abbey Road to preservation!

Cheers
Marie

Marie O'Connell
Sound Archivist/Audio Engineer/Sound Consultant
The Center For Oral History & Cultural Heritage
The University Of Southern Mississippi
118 College Drive #5175
Hattiesburg, MS, 39401-406
Ph: 601-266-6514