Re: [ARSCLIST] Further thoughts on the new CLIR report. DVDs

Steve,

The report did not intend suggest that DVD be considered a storage standard.
It stated that DVDs were beginning to replace CDs. This is an
acknowledgement of the push by companies toward DVD Audio as a consumer
medium, not an archival medium. The context in which DVDs are entioned inthe
report is within the discussion of sampling rates, not archival media.

Sam