Re: [ARSCLIST] Zits cartoon strip

I haven't set foot in a library in over 5 years, except to see what's on the $1 table!

dl

Thom Pease wrote:

 What's even more frightening is the cartoon from 3/17
 in which Jeremy said that he was busy doing research
 for a history paper due the next day. His mother muses
 "Ah, research! When I think of the hours I spent at
 the library when I was your age..." Jeremy then says
 "Done!," turns around and asks "Wait...you went to a
 library?"

 I actually thought the strip's language was a little
 stilted when he asked for the URL. I thought for sure
 he would ask for the name of the article and just
 google it.*

 * Google (v) = "to search for information on the
 Internet, esp. using the Google search engine."
 (Dictionary.reference.com from Webster's New
 Millennium? Dictionary of English, Preview Edition (v
 0.9.6))

Thom Pease

 > Lou Judson wrote:
 >
 >  Gee, that makes sense to me! I missed the article
 as my online sub
 >  the NYTimes somehow lapsed...
 >
 >  Lou Judson Â? Intuitive Audio
 >  415-883-2689
 >
 >  On Mar 21, 2006, at 5:09 PM, David Lennick wrote:
 >
 >  > Not necessarily....anyone see yesterday's "Zits"
 comic strip? The
 >  > father is
 >  > laughing uproariously and tells the kid, "Jeremy,
 you have to read
 > this
 >  > newspaper article." The son replies,
 "Okay...what's the URL?"

 >  Or he could even say, Text it to me, only that
 would be "txt2M" in
 his