Re: [ARSCLIST] CD burner

Charles Lawson wrote:

This echoes my experiences precisely.  The best record speed for all media
I have tried in my Plextors is 4-8X.  Below 4X, the error rate begins a
slow increase.  Above 8X, the error rate increases roughly exponentially.

The performance varies substantially with the medium. The Mitusi I use for routine work has prohibitively high error rates when written at 4x and is marginal at 8x but is error-free at 12x. My T-Y blanks are acceptable at 4x, optimal at 8x and nearly optimal at 12x. Note that other Mitsui and T-Y lines may give different results.

Why two lines? When I send a master out to be pressed, I send two copies on different media recorded at different speeds; I test each disc to verify that it has no soft or hard errors - I really would not like to have to order replacements because my master had been misread.

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/