[ARSCLIST] Arching Equipment - Donation

Dear ARSC Members,

I have been asked by a major record label to assist them in finding a home for a large archive installation which is being replaced by more modern equipment. This system consists of a Unix based File Server, a few TBytes of Raid, and a robot controlled tape based Silo.  The tapes are Sony DTF 42 GBytes in size.  The amount of space required for this sytem is as follows (approximately). 30 feet by 15 feet.  Full HVAC is required plus Single and 3 phase power.

The system is quite extensive, will require quite a bit of installation effort and would need to be supported by annual service contracts for the equipment, including all the Sony drives.  There would probably be 6 drives available if required.  This company is eager to move the equipment soon, and so a prompt response could save the installation from being scrapped.

If any of you have any interest, or know of someone who might, please let me know at your earliest convenience.

Sincerely,

Malcolm F. Davidson