Re: [ARSCLIST] Cassette obsolescence - digitizing standards

Tom Fine wrote:
Hi Mike:

I know your friend well and while I'd like to see the output happen faster, I sure love every gift of wonderfully recorded music he sends my way. He loves to do it the way he does and it keeps him alert, engaged and happy at a very advanced age. So, while you and I might never hear the whole treasure trove, the more important thing is that it's OWNER and creator is enjoying it to the end of what must be a longer road than he might have imagined.

-- Tom Fine

I agree completely, but still wish there were a safety copy - just in case. Note that a safety copy has little to do with archival recovery; they have different purposes and different demands. (A snapshot is not a portrait.)

Mike
--
mrichter@xxxxxxx
http://www.mrichter.com/