Re: [ARSCLIST] Record tracking,and ageing, was De-static question

And I believe these recordings were engineered by Kenneth Wilkinson of Decca (but they were mastered by RCA guys for release). A friend declared that the British pressings trounce the American. But all I have are the American pressings and they are quite good.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rod Stephens" <savecal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, February 13, 2006 2:21 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Record tracking,and ageing, was De-static question

Much of the credit on the Gerhardt recordings aside from the general mastering techniques described below were due to Charles Gerhardt's own long experience in producing and supervising others' recordings. Check out this fascinating web site that has much of the history of his career with excellent photos of him working with the other great talents of the day:

http://classicalcdreview.com/CGREBweb.html

Rod Stephens