Re: [ARSCLIST] "Aircheck" history

steven c wrote:

> [...]

And so friends, go to your neighbourhood A&P...&P...&P...

CJRT had an automated system years ago, and entire programs were taped and set
up on this monster. Generally it functioned reasonably well, but the station's
operations manager lived five minutes away and had to go in more than once to
rectify odd situations, such as the three-hour opera broadcast where a disc flip
took more than the alotted 7 seconds of dead air, triggering the start of the
jazz program a couple of hours early (and Ted would give time checks in those
programs).

dl