Re: [ARSCLIST] "Aircheck" history

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Lennick" <dlennick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Don't forget the other use, namely when a jock records one of his shifts
to use
> as an audition tape (or to run on the air while he's seeing his lady
friend, a
> la Clint Eastwood in "Play Misty For Me" where he puts up a 5-inch reel
that
> runs for two hours while he deals with Jessica Walter.....wouldn't it be a
> great in-joke if Eastwood showed up in the finale of "Arrested
Development"
> tomorrow evening? Wonder if Ron Howard can make a last-minute alteration?)

I had forgotten that one...which is odd, because it was common practice at
'ILN for the jocks who were about to graduate and had to try and find a REAL
radio job...

BTW, I've twice heard CD-R malfunctions on JRT, where a lot of programs
are pre-recorded (well, pre-burnt, to be accurate)...so the digital age
hasn't changed things! Recall hearing a guy on ISU's "real" station (FM),
which was all-classical then...he put on a nice, long, classical cut...
disappeared for what he thought would be a nice break...and the record
stuck about 30 seconds into the cut (and stayed stuck for quite a while...)