Re: [ARSCLIST] Scopes Trial Sound Recordings

Almost certainly there weren't any.
Dick

Mwcpc6@xxxxxxx
Sent by: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx>
01/31/2006 07:45 PM
Please respond to
Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx>

ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[ARSCLIST] Scopes Trial Sound Recordings

One of our museum members was asked by a local theatrical group about to
present "Inherit the Wind" whether there were any sound recordings
available of
the Scopes trial, either the trial itself or broadcast reports of it.

I found a million links to the trial on Google, but only one relating to
sound recordings, on another list, with a few suggestions for research but
no
definite sources.

Does anyone have any information about the existence of actual
contemporary
recordings of the event?

Mike Csontos