Re: [ARSCLIST] Scopes Trial Sound Recordings

I was told they exist as newsreel tracks, possibly at National Archives (your chives and my chives) , if memory serves.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: <Mwcpc6@xxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:45 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] Scopes Trial Sound Recordings

One of our museum members was asked by a local theatrical group about to
present "Inherit the Wind" whether there were any sound recordings available of
the Scopes trial, either the trial itself or broadcast reports of it.

I found a million links to the trial on Google, but only one relating to
sound recordings, on another list, with a few suggestions for research but no
definite sources.

Does anyone have any information about the existence of actual contemporary
recordings of the event?

Mike Csontos

-- No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.375 / Virus Database: 267.14.23/243 - Release Date: 1/27/2006