Re: [ARSCLIST] reel to reel tape deck

Hi, The Akai GX-230D should be easy to restore.
There's one rubber belt used for the counter, and 1
rubber roller used for the pinch roller. Otherwise the
reel and capstan motors are direct drive. It will very
likely run ok even after storage. Might need some
cleaning of potentiometers if you hear scratchiness as
you rotate
level controls. Also, since it's auto-reverse, there
is a head relay which might cause audio dropout as
directions are changed, but again, cleaning should
take care of that.
  I've seen advertised good working Akai GX-230D's
sell recently for $100 to $150. Hope this helps.

Chris
@eugene-audio