Re: [ARSCLIST] Cassette surgery -- paging Dr. Hess

At 08:19 PM 1/29/2006, Mike Richter wrote:

Others will probably have more sophisticated approaches, but I twist such a case until the seal snaps, then pry it apart with a screwdriver blade. Then, of course, drop the reels into the new case, screw it togethr and hope.

Mike and Graham,

I've found old hubs binding in new shells a couple of times, hence my little escapade. Once you do it a few times, it's fast. You can often get the tape out with a probe or minor splitting.

Cheers,

Richard