Re: [ARSCLIST] Brunswick Records rights/Universal

On 25/01/06, David Lennick wrote:
> Don Cox wrote:
>
>> Universal has been releasing an excellent series of CD box sets of
>> 1950s
>> recordings of classical music. (Almost all in mono.)
>
> I was driving between Syracuse and Rochester yesterday afternoon and
> heard part of the Beethoven Seventh with Kleiber and the
> Concertgebouw, from 1950. Sounded incredible! I presume this is a new
> release..certainly lots better than those awful triple-compressed CD
> reissues London was doing in the 80s.

Yes, the box "Erich Kleiber - Decca Recordings 1949-55" includes
Beethoven symphonies 3, 5, 6, 7 and 9. Also Weber, Mozart and Schubert.

Those early fifties Kleiber recordings have surfaced in some very bad
transfers over the years, both LP and CD. It's good if they have now got
it right.

Regards
--
Don Cox