Re: [ARSCLIST] Memorex CDs and more!

Mike, is fair use excepted? In the case of a purchased library of commercial recordings?

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689

On Jan 13, 2006, at 3:49 PM, Mike Richter wrote:

Perhaps I am in error, but as I read copyright law an individual has no right to make such a copy of an audio recording fixed after 1923 (and, perhaps, without that limitation). Regardless of your intent, without respect for its availability, and independent of its fragility in its present form, if you are not holder of rights in the record, you have no right to make a backup.

Mike