Re: [ARSCLIST] Memorex CDs and more!

At 09:34 AM 1/13/2006, Karl Miller wrote:

For me, it is also strange when I consider that these days libraries and
archives are not interested in collecting much as they frequently mention
that they have no space, or resources to devote to audio collections.
Couple that with the notion that the availability, in these last 50 years,
of low cost recording equipment, probably has us with a substantial amount
of unique material (some perhaps worth saving) in private hands. That
would seem to translate into the notion that we are likely to see a
substantial increase in the number of significant unique items needing
preservation.

I think the key here is to get the word out to the people holding these items. I am finding a good percentage of my tape restoration work is coming from private individuals who wish to throw money at the problem to solve it. I hope I am offering value for money. The quotes on my Web site seem to indicate I am. While the process is totally random in many respects, some things are getting preserved.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard L. Hess richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Aurora, Ontario, Canada http://www.richardhess.com/