[ARSCLIST] Phil Elwood Long Time ARSC Mewmber and Support died today

I just received this news. Phil was a great friend and super guy! And a
champion of recorded jazz!
Wanted to share. The following was not written by me but presents the sad
facts.

Steve Ramm

With great sadness, I pass on this message from Leon and Brenda  Oakley.
Phil Elwood was a great guy in every respect, in addition to being  an
exceptional writer and a staunch friend.

To His Many Jazz Friends:
Phil passed away today in San Francisco at the Kaiser/USF Hospital while
undergoing an angioplasty operation during which his heart failed.
I spoke with him for over a half hour at the hospital yesterday evening and
he was positive and in great spirits indicating he might be home by this
evening  or tomorrow morning. He spoke of plans and projects..........
As you may know his wife Audrey, passed away a little less than three weeks
ago. A very difficult time for his  family as one might imagine.
His positive reviews of the many Bay Area Jazz Events many of us were
involved supported our spirits and for these beautifully composed pieces we were
never able to thank him enough.
WE WILL TRULY MISS THIS GREAT MAN.
Leon Oakley.