Re: [ARSCLIST] A Christmas Carol - reissues

This same question appeared on the 78-L list. I'll post an abbreviated version of my answer, having produced both the St. Clair and Direct Source CDs. The DGG issue seems to have divided the story into scenes, since those timings don't relate to the original 78RPM sides..it also looks as if they
didn't go back to the 78s but used the 1949 master, which made a couple of cuts to fit it onto the LP lengths possible at that time. The Laughton recording is complete since it runs17 minutes.

dl