[ARSCLIST] Stereo of recording of oral histories ?

How many people record oral histories in stereo?

I had an opportunity this past week to spend a day with my father who will be celebrating his 90th birthday the end of the month. My wife and two boys and my dad's wife were all there - six of us.

As you know, I believe in redundancy in almost everything I do, so I had two mini-disc recorders running through much of it. To keep things simple and totally independent, one MD was fed from an Audio Technica AT-822 mic. The other was fed from a Sennheiser MD-421U mic in mono. I find the AT-822 version to be much more intelligible than the MD-421 due to the spacial imaging as much as anything.

I could have been more encumbered and used two AKG C-451s or two Sennheiser MKH-416Ts but that would have required an external battery pack and more wires, and I was looking for something very simple.

Cheers,

Richard

Richard L. Hess richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Aurora, Ontario, Canada http://www.richardhess.com/