Re: [ARSCLIST] voice recognition software

> Curious why you use 48k when it has to be converted to burn listening
> CDs... I use only 44.1 unless going to video, and the quality is better
> in the end...

In our case at least 16/48 is a a legacy from DAT--our old radio producer
and the audio engineer we worked with for radio both favored recording on
DAT at 48kHz.  I guess I also just feel better gathering some extra data
at the source too.

Our listening/backup CDs for use in-house are CD-ROM discs (I don't make
CD-DA's for in-house listening), so there's no need to downsample.
Although I have to qualify that by saying we do make CD-DA discs for
interviewee copies and those, of course, I do have to downsample.

andy

--
Andy Kolovos
Archivist/Folklorist