Re: [ARSCLIST] Other memorable record stores

a few other 70's/80's lp sources which have come to mind:
In Yonkers NY, there was a used lp store on the Central Avenue overpass just north of the Yonkers library. It moved to Carmel and
I think went out of business or became mail order. Had a great name which of course escapes me. Run by a man named Heuman(?). I always found some rock or folk obscurities I had missed. They had numerous copies of the Phillies Lenny Bruce OUT AGAIN lp for a few bucks. I would love to know if they are still selling records or what the owner is doing now??
In Berkeley CA Rather Ripped also always had something of interest - think I found a first pressing of the Roches cbs album there.
It is a nice trip down memory lane to remember these stores and the people/characters who ran them. I miss many of them, but also recognise that there is an incredible wealth of recorded material available NOW from many sources, undreamed of in the 20th century. Purchasing from around the world is easy compared to what it was forty years ago. (I remember having to go to Barclay's Bank in NYC to purchase a pound (L/s/d in those days) money transfer to purchase 45's and lp's from England). Online e-tailers make anything issued in Europe or Asia or America available anywhere with a few keystrokes. And many collectors will share their treasures by burning a cd-r for a friend. A veritable cornucopia!
Best wishes, Thomas.