Re: [ARSCLIST] Mastering to WAV

At 10:49 AM -0700 12/7/05, Angie Dickinson Mickle wrote:
I don't think there would be much of a difference using 24 over 16 for spoken word/narration. I would stick with 16.

i agree. 24bit will make the filesize 50% bigger, considerably more than the ~10% difference in 48 vs 44.

16/44 is fine. the SR in pro tools is passable. depends on the value of the material. if it was Martin Luther King Jr., i'd use the best i could find. if it's lectures by, say, a university professor, i'd just let pro tools do the job and 'bounce to disk' with 'convert after bounce' and set to 44/16 and probably use the mid or next-higher quality setting.

otherwise, i do like "r8brain", specifically, the free version, actually, better than the paid-for version.

http://www.voxengo.com/product/r8brain/

that's for Windows btw.

--
w/best regards,