Re: [ARSCLIST] MP3 bit rates and usage factors for Web pages

On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, dan kjeldgaard wrote:

>  This is one reason why collections shouldn't be donated;  they tend to
> disappear into the bowels of "some institution", instead of being enjoyed by
> another generation. If the same attitude prevailed over the written word,
> we'd probably be paying for every line of Shakespeare. Somebody would own
> it, surely.

And then I think of my own institution that had no interest in acquiring
what were probably the sole surviving copies of the Stokowski Houston
Symphony performances.

Some places do care, but it is best to check out their track record before
considering a donation.

Karl