Re: [ARSCLIST] MP3 bit rates and usage factors for Web pages

> I know this may sound absurd...and it does to
> me...but, unless
> you have a signed release, that old lady, her heirs,
> and/or their
> lawyer(s) could end up knocking at your door.

Release forms for the interviews/recordings were
obtained back when they were made, one of the
stipulations being that McKissick could use the
material for anything we want.  Even then, efforts
have been made to follow up with the original
informants or their surviving family members (most of
what I've worked with these past few months dates from
1985 to 1992 or so), particularly in terms of another
side project that grew out of combing through all of
these old recordings.  There was one case where a
deceased musician's granddaughter was very happy to
hear from us, and we supplied her with a copy of the
entire interview/jam session as thanks for allowing us
to place one of his tracks on our "Feel the Presence"
CD.

Speaking of that, PLUG TIME:
http://www.cas.sc.edu/mcks/html/folklife/flyer.html

Contacting these people has also led to reopening
lines of communication and may result in future
recordings being made for the museum's collection and
exhibits.  So that's a plus.