To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 10:28 AM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] LP storage &c.

Hello all -

I work for the New Hampshire School of Scottish Arts, which has
received a very large collection (the world's largest collection of
bagpipe music, recordings, journals &c. and bagpipes). I will be in
charge of the digitisation of all the 78s, LPs & tapes, both for
archival purposes and user access, so from time-to-time I'll probably
be asking for information from all the knowledgeable people here, so
TIA. :-)

The first question has to do with LP & 78 storage: Are there shelves
that are recommended (brand name)? One of the considerations at present
is security. They will stored in a user-accessable room until a secure
location can be found (ie, no user access), so are there lock-able
shelves or cabinets available?

I'm assuming edge-wise (standing on edge) storage is the preferred
method, but someone said they heard otherwise, so just tell me the
definitive storage method so I can pass it on to this person.

Cheers,
Lani Spahr