Re: [ARSCLIST] Edward R. Murrow "Hear It Now", etc.

Not sure about the speaking/reading speed, but the homogenization of the American spoken language really started with the first national RADIO broadcast, and affected the speech of Americans long before television. As a former and now part time radio producer, I consider it "TV chauvinism" to think that TV did it all. It's like saying the DVDs changed the amount we go out to movies hen most of the change was in the VHS era.

Just a vote for the history of reality... I was born before television, and got a new perspective from my owrk with Buckminster Fuller, who was born before radio... It affects what you think is natural and what is new and artificial! Like youngsters who never touched analog recording media, a different way of thinking.

<Fuddy rant mode OFF>

Lou Judson • Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689