Re: [ARSCLIST] Cleaning lacquers. Was, Question Regarding the Preservation of Acetate Records

On Wed, 23 Nov 2005, Sam Brylawski wrote:

> Do others clean lacquers you're not going to play immediately? LC policy was
> (and probably still is) not to clean exudation until playback. It was
> thought that cleaning might accelerate the discs drying out.

Two years ago I cleaned a group of lacquers which I had planned to
transfer. I never got around to doing the transfers. About a month ago I
encountered them in "the pile of things to do." They will need to be
cleaned again. I have not observed any of the signs of drying, no splits,
etc.

Karl