Re: [ARSCLIST] Edward R. Murrow "Hear It Now", etc.

Mention was made regarding the homogenizing of speech due, possibly, to TV.
As one with some hearing loss, I am surprised, when listening to old radio
shows, at apparently the correct playback speed, hearing how FAST the announcers
spoke in the '30s and later.  Was this for a reason?  Or have my ears become
accustomed to the more laid-back style of today's announcers?
Don Chichester