Re: [ARSCLIST] 78rpm EQ and postprocessing

The keys are: (1) how many bands are needed to reproduce the EQ
properly; (2) what sort of digital artifacts are produced by all
those filters in the cascading digital EQ.  A 20-band equalizer
will have a lot of digital filtering going on.

But for all but the most critical work, the equalizer in
most audio editing software will work just fine.

I had to build a pretty sophisticated spreadsheet in order to
accurately reproduce the curves.  You basicially have to model
the EQ RC network to get it right.

Eric Jacobs

The Audio Archive
tel: 408.221.2128