Re: [ARSCLIST] Repair

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nipper" <nipper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> I've had great success with 78s using good old Elmer's glue, a few rubber
> bands and a good working knowledge of how a stylus tracks a groove.  It's
> fairly strong hold yet water soluable so if you make a mistake you can
> always soak it loose, clean the contact surfaces thoroughly and try again.
> On the other hand there are plenty of incompetent Krazy glue formula
repairs
> that have been screwed up once and for all.
>
>From my experience, it is effectively impossible to repair a broken 78
if the break runs more-or-less "parallel" to the groove at any point.
The layer of adhesive, although thin, still dislocates the groove path
at the point of breakage far enough that the stylus doesn't track
the correct path...remember that the groove is about .003" wide,
so if the adhesive is more than .001" thick the path is effectively
half-a-groove out of position.