Re: [ARSCLIST] CD-ROM marking pens

Here is a link to the Sharpie(R) site about their new "CD/DVD" pen:

http://www.sharpie.com/sanford/consumer/sharpie/productcatalog/tipfamily
detail.jhtml?attributeId=SNATT_SUP_9200035&currentType=SNTYPE004

FYI, they don't say what the ink/dye formulation is for this new pen;
just that it is "specially formulated for digital media surfaces..."

The Sharpie (R) Twin-Tip Marker composition is "Dyes,
n-propanol(71-23-8), n-butanol(71-36-3), diacetone alcohol(123-42-2)."
http://www.sharpie.com/sanford/consumer/sharpie/productcatalog/tipfamily
detail.jhtml?attributeId=SNATT_SUP_9200035&currentType=SNTYPE004

I'm no chemist, but that doesn't sound good for CDR media. We presently
use the Staedtler Lumocolor CD-R pen:
http://www.staedtler-usa.com/Lumocolor_cd_dvd_pen_us.Staedtler?ActiveID=
24387

John Bondurant