Re: [ARSCLIST] seeking album sequence info

Check with Rutgers. See if they'll xerox the labels and send them to you.

Steve Smolian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2005 7:15 PM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] seeking album sequence info

Hi:

Still seeking the original album sequence for these Lionel Hampton records.
Thanks so much to those who helped narrow the list. Come on now, doesn't
someone have a decent Verve discography or the original albums handy? Much
appreciated any/all assistance.

The Lionel Hampton Quartet - Clef MGC 611
The Lionel Hampton Quartet (10" LP) - Clef MGC 142
Lionel Hampton Plays Love Songs - Clef MGC 714
The Lionel Hampton Quartet - Clef MGC 673 (different from MGC 611)
The High and the Mighty - Verve MGV 8228
Lionel Hampton '58 - Verve MGV 8223

Either the notes on the 5CD Verve reissue set or Allmusic.com is inaccurate
about what songs are on "'58" and "The High and the Mighty." So I'm hoping
someone can check a reliable source. I must say I'd trust Universal's vault
research over a website, no offense to allmusic.com. But the CD set didn't
list album sequence anywhere and included only front cover images, not back
covers to pour over with a magnifier. Argh.

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Fine" <tflists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>