Re: [ARSCLIST] seeking album sequence info

Tom -

I imagine the main reason this information is not immediately forthcoming is that standard discographies do NOT include the playing sequence of the issues. They are organized around the session, and rightly so. It would be impractical for a printed book to list track sequence of every issue. Some performances have been issued hundreds of times in various configurations.

So while I've got the Clef/Verve books readily at hand, they're not going to answer your question. FWIW, the database system I use *does* store the issue track sequence (as well as session recording order), but Hampton of this period isn't something I've researched.

You need to find someone with the actual vinyl - and apparently those folks aren't here on this list.

It is very unfortunate that the Verve set neglected to include this information. How hard could it be for them? Argh indeed.

Mike

mike at JazzDiscography.com
http://www.JazzDiscography.com