From: Association for Recorded Sound Discussion List
[mailto:ARSCLIST@xxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Lynx
Sent: Friday, November 11, 2005 1:39 PM
To: ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] Digital Audio/Video

Thanks to everyone for your information.  I work with a Mac and Formac
Studio at home, and have found it to work well.  I can see that having a
good processor and a HUGE hard drive will be the most important.

This project is primarily focusing on preservation, having the final
digital
video and audio online may be difficult. I know there are streaming
servers,
etc., but the examples I have seen have 1-10 minute snippets.  I may
have to
put the transcripts online, and only provide a small sample.  Has anyone
provided the capability for hour long video or audio collections online.

And one more question.. Probably the most difficult.  We have stacks of
16mm
newsreels.  Is there anything out there for easy transfer to
video/digital?
Maybe a "transfer box?"
Thanks so much everyone!
David Lynx