Re: [ARSCLIST] Digital Audio/Video- Response to David Lynx

Dear David:
I have spent a year as a consultant to Amazon.com working with  them to
develop the lowest-cost, highest-quality digitization system, especially  for
videotapes in all formats and for 16 and 35mm film as well.  We now  have it
working and it is a wonderful system.  If you would like to contact  me, I can put
you in touch with the people who are doing this work.  Amazon  is actually
digitizing many content owner films with Amazon fronting the costs  as an advance
against royalty. Amazon will then sell these programs in a new  offering it is
currently calling information videos (horrible title). Costs are
approximately $60 per program at any length under an hour including the making  of a DVD
master and the complete development of menus on the DVD etc. etc.

Let me know if I can help.
David Hoffman
_www.thehoffmancollection.com_ (http://www.thehoffmancollection.com)