To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 10:03 PM
Subject: [ARSCLIST] SERIOUS cleaning cheap...possoble?

Okeh...noted a thread about cleaning records (78?) on ARSCLIST, so I'll try
asking this...

I'm currently going through my collection to see what the heck I own, and
what has and hasn't survived. These records have, for the most part, stayed
in their milk boxes, usually in my basement, untouched for about 10-15
years...and then been stored again here in Oshawa. However, they have
accumulated dust (in sone cases plaster dust from a renovation) and
in some cases targeted by spraying cats. As well, they never have
been thoroughly cleaned since I owned them (and probably before?)

So, given that I have about 40,000 78's in various stages of
dirtiness, and don't have access to anything resembling a
fortune (as well as sinks and racks for mass-production
cleaning and drying of 78's!)...what is the best way to
clean them (they don't have to be surgical-quality clean)
that is compatible with my limited budget and facilities?

...stevenc
http://users.interlinks.net/stevenc/