To: <ARSCLIST@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 09, 2005 6:58 AM
Subject: Re: [ARSCLIST] need audio cassette deck suggestions

Hi Richard:

Again, I do not argue with the merits of the famed Dragon for critical
content like music, but mono voice recordings (probably made on a portable
live in a rally room if they are political speeches or on a meeting room
table if they are meetings) are, um, not of great audio quality. So I see no
need to blow a big wad of cash on an elephant gun for that ant of a transfer
project. I figured a political-action group like the origin of the original
question would want to save budget for political action vs. setting up a
state-of-the-art transfer chain for mono spoken-word recordings.
Particularly if the project is a finite pile of stuff needing transfer. I
hate to sound like a certain tin-eared desert-rat member of another list we
both participate in but, as you said, different approaches ...

-- Tom Fine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard L. Hess" <ArcLists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>