Re: [ARSCLIST] History help needed

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dick Spottswood" <dick@xxxxxxxx>
> Sutton/Nauck's American Record Labels and Companies  (Mainspring, 2000)
> cites two short-lived Majestic labels, one each from 1916/7 and 1923.  The
> former was a product of the Majestic Talkling Machine Company.

The 1916 version is an 8" h&d disc with embossed "labels" (I have a couple
of these); the later one is, IIRC, a short-lived label pressed by one of
the later incarnations of Olympic. It's also worth noting that the first
Majestic radios, which were fairly impressive sets for their time, were
produced by the Grigsby-Grunow Company...the firm that bought Columbia
after the formation of EMI in Britain forced its sale, and went under
two years later. Columbia would be sold by those receivers for $70,000
to ARC...