[ARSCLIST] All Music Guide to Classical Music

The All Music Guide to Classical Music is now out in stores. It's 1600 pages
long and larger than the Ann Arbor telephone directory. So describing it as
"handy" might not be quite apropos, but as a quick reference to classical
music both mainstream and obscure it's a mighty comprehensive single volume.
One will find extended descriptions of individual works with suggested
recordings attached to each entry. It is not necessarily limited to "new"
recordings, and in terms of artists there are entries for Farrar and Alma
Gluck just as there are for Cecilia Bartoli and Roberto Alagna.

It took four years of hard work to assemble it. Please excuse if this notice
is considered spam, but I'm very, very proud of it and feel it offers a spin
on the single volume classical directory quite different from that of your
Penguin Guide. I wanted everyone to know that it's out there.

David N. Lewis
Assistant Classical Editor, All Music Guide
1168 Oak Valley Dr.
Ann Arbor, MI 48108

"Contemporary composers, and at least a considerable number of them, explain
what system they used, in what way they arrived at something. I do not do
that. I think that the matter of the way by which one arrived at something
is, for the listeners, unimportant. What matters is the final result, that
is the work itself." -Grazyna Bacewicz, 1964