[ARSCLIST] old acetate tapes - curling/tape tension remedies?

Hello all -

I'm looking for information about how anyone here on the arsc-list has handled and transferred old acetate tapes that have begun to curl?

Does anyone have a favorite machine that they use for playback, where one can gently increase tape tension to improve the tape->head contact?

I'm not much of a bench tech, and have usually resorted to machines that have tension settings for 7" & 10" reels, but I imagine there's probably a better and more fine-tuned way to do this...

Also - has anyone ever resorted to using any sort of pressure pad, however gentle, to improve contact?

I think there might have been some recent discussion of this here, but I'm not finding it using the arsc-list web interface archive search...

Thanks for any techniques anyone can recommend here :-)

dave nolan
92nd St. Y