Re: [ARSCLIST]

Folks,

Here's my list, weighted somewhat toward houses that cater to broadcast.
I tend to order from Bradley and Full Compass the most--based mostly on
price after calling around and consistent positive customer service
experiences with both:

B & H
1-800-947-1181
www.bhphotovideo.com

Bradley Broadcast
1-800-732-7665
www.bradleybroadcast.com

Broadcast Supply Worldwide
1-800-426-8434
www.bswonline.com

Full Compass
1-800-356-5844
www.fullcompass.com

Markertek
1-800-522-2025
www.markertek.com

eBay has been hit and miss for me with electronics for me.  Two years ago
work bought a wonderful Dragon for a reasonable price--but with a freaking
heck of a lot of anxiety on my part so I don't know if I'd do it again.
For myself, I picked up a very nice set of Sennheiser 421 II mics
(sequential serial #s and everything) for a song, a solid SL-1200 too--but
everything else--stereo amps, a few mics--has been totally screwed up in
one way or another.  I've never been burned so to speak, just
dissapointed.

My one piece of advice: when buying used gear off eBay if the seller
doesn't  state it outright one way or the other, ask if the equipment has
been used in a smokey environment.  I bought a mic a few months ago and
neglected to stress this point with the seller.  Damn thing reeks of
cigarettes, which pretty much renders it useless as a interview mic.

Unless I'm interviewing a heavy smoker, I suppose.

andy

--
Andy Kolovos
Archivist/Folklorist