Re: [ARSCLIST] A Pro-Tools Question-updating to OS 9.2 from 9.1 on a G4 tower

Aaron,

Are you saving the session files as SDII? If you are, please remember that each audio file has a resource fork and a data fork, and that can create problems with storage.

For example, if you were to write a TAR archive of SDII files, the resource fork would be stripped away, rendering the TAR archive (and the files) unreadable.

There are some things to love about OS 9, but this isn't one of them, certainly from an archival perspective.

John

John Spencer
www.bridgemediasolutions.com