Re: [ARSCLIST] Records History

In a message dated 9/21/2005 1:30:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
stevenc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
It is worth noting that very few "78's" were ever pressed from vinyl.

At one time I thought the RCA Victor "Red Seal Deluxe" series was unique but
since I've found that several manufacturers released vinyl 78 consumer series.

It would be interesting to research how the use of vinyl for 78s meshed with
the manufacture of lightweight consumer record players that could play them
without damage and why anyone would buy them when they could get 45s or lps.

Mike Csontos