Re: [ARSCLIST] Records History

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ihor Tyulkin" <viva@xxxxxx>
> At the current moment I am collecting material for the article:
> "The History of Vinyl Records" Is there any chance to receive the
> good-resolution picture of the following:
> 1. First Berliner Gramophone record. I know it is kept in the National
> Museum.
> 2. Nipper logo.
> 3. First 33 1/3 rpm record
> 4. First 45 rpm record
> 5. First LP jacket.

It is worth noting that very few "78's" were ever pressed from vinyl.
Vinyl records first appeared in the early 1930's and were used mainly
for records to be played on radio (transcriptions), since they played
much more quietly than did the shellac-compound discs normally used.
Special vinyl pressings of popular records were also used after WWII
for radio play; stations could request vinyl copies of promotional
issues (which didn't appear until around 1946-7).

As far as the images you list...try the US Library of Congress web
site. They have extensive information on the history of sound
recording.